Friday, March 26, 2010

Erin's Top 10...

...things NOT to say to a pregnant woman (and how I feel about it)

10. "When is your due date (for the 15th time)?" - I know. It looks like I am going to have the baby tomorrow but it is July 1st.
9. "Do you want a boy or a girl?" - Well, let's see...Does it really matter??? I want a boy or a girl.
8. "Wow, you are getting bigger!" - Really? I didn't notice.
7. "You don't have that much longer to go." - Yes I do.
6. From a worker in a drive-thru window, "How far along are you? Are you nervous?"- What?? Don't talk to me. Just give me my burger!
5. "It looks like you are going to have a girl because girls make you get bigger everywhere, like the hips, legs, and face; not just the stomach." - Wow, did you really just say that?
4. "Are you pregnant or do you need to get your a$$ to the gym?" - Yes, someone actually asked me that in those exact words.
3. "How do you feel?" - How do I look?
2. "Are you going to have another one?" - Can I have this one first?
1. "Can I touch your stomach?" - Can I punch you in the face?

In all seriousness, I am grateful to have so many caring people in my life and caring strangers that I meet (on a daily basis). But I will never understand the attraction people have to pregnant women and the constant need to talk to them or touch their stomachs. I really don't mind the questions/comments from my friends or family, but the strangers....

I have never been one that likes the attention that comes with pregnancy and I can't wait until it's over for that reason. I know, I am a horrible pregnant person.

Well, I have to say that this baby boy is huge apparently. I am currently 26 weeks but measuring 31 weeks. I will have an ultra sound on the 12th to determine just how big he is.

Meanwhile, my other baby is going to turn 4 next week! I am not ready for that because then he will turn 5 and then 6. He is doing wonderful however. I will post more later on his latest and greatest.

1 comment:

  1. So wait, I am confused...are you pregnant or do you need to go to the gym???

    ReplyDelete