Monday, February 28, 2011
We went to my dad's Mardi Gras surprise party last weekend. It totally rocked for several reasons....
1. Austin was sooo excited about this. The anticipation of the surprise was killing him! He could not wait. He was sick that night but didn't want to miss seeing his Grandpa. He made a very sweet card for Grandpa all on his own.
2. My sister, Lendi flew in from Oklahoma just for the surprise. I only got to see her for one night but it was just enough to get my "Lendi fix".
3. Some of my favorite ladies were there!
4. My dad was totally surprised! We were quietly waiting in the backyard when he arrived. He was thrilled.
5. He was really surprised and excited to see my sister as was the rest of the fam. No one knew she was coming in.
6. My sweet baby had a great time too! He was passed around to about 20 different people that night and loved every minute of it.
7. I got to make these awesome Mardi Gras cookies. Check them out here.
Happy Birthday Kendell Ables! We love you!
Posted by The Heflins at 8:57 PM
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Some of the greatest memories I have from growing up include the visits I had with my cousins for a week or so in the summer. It was a week non-stop fun. Last week was officially, "week with Cool Aunt Erin." I got my nephew, Jake from Oklahoma for a whole week! I was able to take vacation to do all the things I had planned with them. I also got to experience life with 3 kids under 5. Yikes!
Austin and Jake don't get to see each other much but when they do, they pick up right where they left off. Jake is 3 years old and likes to follow Austin EVERY WHERE he goes and do EVERYTHING Austin is doing.
They made their own BBQ chicken pizzas.
We got to visit with Aunt Jenny and cousins, Connor and Dylan at Chuck E Cheese.
One of the many prizes (pieces of junk) they brought home from CEC were parachute aliens.
I shouldn't knock them, they actually worked pretty good. It's amazing how much energy boys will spend dropping these things from upstairs and going down to get them 187 times.
We went to Imagination Movers! This is the only good pic that I got that night. They boys had a great time! Jake is an huge Imagination Movers fan. He entertained us all week with the theme song to the show. He knows every single word. Every. Single. Word. Thank you Papa and Granny for the opportunity to go!
Here they are in their Wobble Goggles and IM T-shirts.
Both of them wore these goggles the rest of the week. I had some one ask me if they both had to have "special" glasses. Ha!
We went to our friend Reese's 3rd birthday party.
During this week, Jack's first tooth came in on the bottom.
They took a few much needed baths.
We made smores by the fire.
We also got to visit with Tattie, Grandpa, Aunt Shawn and Donna Dean during the week. It was a crazy-busy week but totally worth it. This is a tradition that we will try to do at least twice a year. We love you Jakey!
Posted by The Heflins at 9:36 PM