Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"You're a hooker"

No, that is not a typo. My sweet little boy actually said this to me! It was not in the context that you are probably thinking however. :)

Let me set up the scene...

Austin and I were shopping at Target. He was in the basket and we were playing this game we do occasionally. Austin will call me something random like a lamp and then I will call him a tree or something. We continue until we run out of ideas. He is totally cracking up while we do this. The convo went like this:

A: "You're a plate."
E: "You're a curtain."
A: "You're a shoe."
E: "You're a chair."
A: "You're a hooker."
E: "What?!"
A: "You're a hooker."
E: "Austin, what do you think that means?"
A: "It is what you hang stuff on." (as he points to the over-the-door hooks in the laundry isle)
E: (sigh of relief) "Oh, you mean a hook."

I have to say I have not experienced too many moments in which Austin has said something embarrassing (yet). He has told a complete stranger that his hair was ugly and he refers to all people who have grey hair as Grandmas and Grandpas (even though none of his grandparents are grey). "Why is that Grandpa wearing a blue shirt?"
Could you ever be mad at this face???

No comments:

Post a Comment