Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In the blink of an eye

I must have blinked causing five very quick months to go by since I've had Jackson.  Today someone asked me how old he is and it took me a minute.  I stunned myself. 

I can already tell that this sweet little boy is going to be completely different from my first little boy (aside from looking identical). 


He has been drooling profusely since he was 3 months old.  I am seriously expecting a tooth to pop up any day now.  He will put anything within an inch of his little paws into his mouth.  He still sucks his thumb but only while trying to fall asleep.


Jack rolls all over the place and is already starting to get up on his knees to scoot himself.  In my near future, I foresee a child that I am going to have to chase all over the place and worry about falling off of something he has managed to climb onto.

He still doesn't sleep through the night.  I have only been that fortunate four times.  He wakes up because he has scooted himself to the other end of the crib, face down, in the corner.  I have to say though, I enjoy the night-time feedings because it is my cuddle time with him.  He doesn't fall asleep in my arms often because he won't stop moving when I'm holding him and he is so used to going right to sleep in his crib. 


Knowing that Jack is 5 months makes me think that Austin will be five years old soon and that makes me want ball my eyes out. I will blink again and they will both be in high school toting some girl on their arm and totally embarrassed that their mom still wants to give them hugs and sugars.  My heart will be crushed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment