Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Five years ago, Waylon and I said our I do's. These days, five years is marriage-tenure so I thought it deserved some blogging attention.

Our Story

For those of you who don't know, Way and I both went to Sam Houston State and even graduated the same year but did not meet until after college. We were a couple of those people that were partying on spring break although we weren't in school. My friends and I just arrived on the beach in South Padre when Waylon and his friends were leaving (he swears it's the other way around). My friends knew Waylon and his buddies already and so everyone started talking. Walyon walked right up to me on the beach and introduced himself. From there, I didn't think I would see him again but I hung out a lot in H-ville while my friends were finishing school. As I began to see Waylon at a few parties and places around town the connection grew. We found out over time that during college, we had a lot of the same friends and were at a lot of the same events but our paths crossed until that day on the beach.

Our first date was in August of 2002 at Papadeaux. We were engaged little over a year later on November 22, 2003. I thought that we were just going out to eat that night for a "date night" but we ended up at the Water Wall near the Galleria instead. I remember walking around the wall for a while and it was windy so the water was going everywhere. I kept thinking to myself, "Okay, this is just a wall with water...seen it before." but Way had never been there. Little did I know, he was scoping the place out and waiting for the right moment to get down on one keen and pop the question. It was awesome!

We were married October 16, 2004. We had a beautiful fall wedding (Martha Stewart style) and an even better honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen where we met some amazing friends that we still keep in contact with.




About 10 months later, we found out that we were expecting our first child. Our little monster came along on April 3, 2006. Three very short years later, here we are. I have to say it has been a roller coaster, but a really good one that you don't want to get off of. I am sitting in the very back seat with my hands high in the air, waiting to see what loop or turn is next for us.


Waylon, thank you...

...for lovin' a girl in capri pants (even on the beach)!

...for making me watch the military channel, and the history channel. If you hadn't, I wouldn't share the same passion for WWII as you do (and I probably wouldn't know where it was fought).

...for loving me in my sweats and frizzy hair.

...for never saying "no" to Austin when you walk in the door from work and he says, "Daddy, will you play wis me?"

...for your perfect grilled chicken.

...for working so hard.

...for introducing me to old country music!

...for sweating out the festivals and fairs with me.

...for being my "biggest fan" who constantly supports me and encourages me not to give up.

...for sacrificing so much so that we can live like no one else.

...for continually growing as a husband and a father.

...and for choosing me.

I love you and our life together.

1 comment: